Penzance HC travel policy under Covid 19 restrictions.
As the season fast approaches and we have to travel away to matches, here is the clubs’ position on car sharing.
Try not to share a vehicle with those outside of your household/bubble, but if you need to please:-
- share with the same people each time
- open windows
- carry hand sanitiser - to be used before and after the journey
- if possible, travel with less people in a car to reduce proximity to each other
- all wear face coverings
- clean door handles/surfaces frequently touched
There is no pressure to share lifts and anyone's decisions regarding travel should be respected.
COVID-19 Please be aware that if you have not completed the below actions, you will not be allowed to train or play
England Hockey has been allowed to move to step 5 of their Return to Play plan. This means that the Government DCMS (Department for Digital, Culture. Media and Sport) has allowed competitive hockey to resume. This is great news and fixtures can now take place. We look forward to the resumption of adult and junior leagues.
What does this mean for me?
In order to adhere to Government regulations all players and clubs are required to follow guidelines.
Therefore every member who wishes to train and/or play hockey for Penzance HC needs to do the following:
2. Read, understand & sign England Hockey's "Individual Consent for Participating in Hockey under Covid-19 Restrictions" form.
Carla Pengelly is Penzance Hockey Club's Covid-19 officer. You can contact her on 07765 355650 or by email.
In addition to the above points, please take note of the following:
- Players must agree not to attend training or games if they are feeling ill or are showing any Covid symptoms such as a cough, loss of smell etc
- Players must agree to the Government Track and Trace system (details will not be passed to any other organisations)
- The Club will retain training registers for 21 days
- All players must practice social distancing in groups of 6 or less before and after practice or games and agree not to gather in large groups. All players need to arrive changed and leave without using a changing room
- Toilet facilities will be available
- Groups of 30 are permitted to train in each half of the pitch but are encouraged not to mix groups
- All players are asked to avoid physical contact in practice and games, take free hits quickly
- Players are asked not to celebrate by touching hands, high fives etc.
- Players are asked not to touch any equipment with hands
Penalty Corner Masks
Players defending penalty corners may wish to purchase their own mask. They are currently £30 at Newitts remember to order the correct size